Peanut butter blondies
makes 16 sqaures
•125 g plain flour
•1 tsp baking powder
•100 g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
•150 g crunchy peanut butter
•175 g lightbrown sugar
•1 egg, beaten
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•75 g white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170C Butter the sides of a 25 x 25cm square cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.
4. Place the dough into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into 16 squares.
140g butter, plus extra for greasing
4 large eggs
350g castor sugar
140g cake flour
75g cocoa powder
100g any biscuit / pecan nuts / hazelnuts (I usually use marie or oreo)
100g white chocolate roughly chopped / fudge / ANY chocolate (i usually use white chocolate or snicker)
1. Preheat oven to 170degrees. Line a 23cm square tin with greaseproof paper and butter generously.
2. Very gently melt butter in saucepan and leave to cool. Using a wooden spoon, beat the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl until creamy and smooth, the stir in cooled butter
3. Add flour and cocoa to a large bowl, Stir in one egg at a time until it is all incorporated.
4. Add you filling of choice
5. Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 40minutes until a slight crust has formed on top. Do not overcook mixture, it should be sticky in the middle.
6. Once cooled, life out of cake tin and place on a wire rack to completely cool.
7. Cut into 16 or 25 squares depending on the size you desire
For the crust, you’ll need:
- 2 sleeves ginger snap cookies/ tennis biscuits/ digestive (2.5 cups of crumbs)
- 2 heaping tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh
Preheat oven to 180C and lightly butter a pie plate. Combine all crust ingredients with a fork until the mixture comes together. Press into the base and sides of the pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes and allow crust to cool while you make the filling.
To prepare the filling, beat egg yolks and lime zest on medium-high speed until light. Add condensed milk and beat for about 3 minutes. Slowly pour in the lime juice and beat until fully incorporated. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes, to thicken. Pour filling on top of the crust, smooth with a spatula, and bake for 15 minutes. Allow pie to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate. Chill pie for at least 3 hours before topping.