I tried this at a restaurant in Hyde Park (JHB) and had to journal it for future reference. Crumbed fish cubed and tossed together with sweetcorn, avocados, red kidney beans, sliced onions and finely chopped tomato and spinach leaves - all dressed in a light honey and mustard dressing. I imagine you can leave out the fish to turn this into a side salad.
Simple enough but more after the jump...
- Bake or pan fry 2-3 pieces of crumbed box fish (I&J honey mustard is a winner). Baking gives it an extra crunch minus the kjs.
- Pop some sweetcorn in a bowl, add some water to cover and quickly microwave till done. Cool by running some cold water over it.
- Peel and chop up an avocado into cubes.
- Finely slice 1/4 of an onion
- Open, drain and rinse a can of tinned kidney beans.
- Wash and slice up 1-2 swiss chard/spinach leaves.
Toss together and dress with honey and mustard dressing either as per below recipe or a quick favorite that works just as well is Ina Parmans honey and mustard dressing.
Honey and mustard dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2/3 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 good pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil