Hop on over to pinterest and you will see that stamps are not just for paper projects. This is my take on stamped cookies.
I love these stamped heart shaped cookies as they are just so darn cute and they look as if you have really gone the extra mile...You can personalise your cookie whichever way you see fit...maybe imprint the word "thanks" or a quirky "yay". They will make the perfect favour when wrapped in cellophane and a pretty ribbon.
Recipe and instructions after the jump
- 125g unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 80g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 100g (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper or use non-stick trays. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl, scraping down the side of the bowl when necessary, until just combined.
- Sift the self-raising and plain flours together into a bowl. Add half the sifted flours to the butter mixture and use a wooden spoon to mix until combined. Add the milk and mix well.
- Add the remaining sifted flours and, when the mixture becomes difficult to mix with the wooden spoon, use your hand. Mix with your hand until the mixture forms a soft dough that leaves the side of the bowl and doesn't stick to your hand. If the mixture is a little dry, add an extra 1 tablespoon of milk. (There should be no dry bits of dough in the bottom of the bowl.)
- Roll dough out and cut out heart shaped cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Using the stamps, depress the word "LOVE" or any other word of your choice into the cookies. Transfer to a cookie tray
- Bake in a preheated over of 180 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are a light golden brown in colour. Remove the biscuits from the oven and set aside to cool for about 3 minutes before using a spatula to transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Should you wish, sprinkle with granulated sugar whilst hot.